Thursday, September 19, 2013

Another blog to check out..

http://jillr-addingbranchestoourfamilytree.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-checkout-line.html

I just came across this blog post that another adoptive mom wrote.  I could have written the exact same thing.  We get so many comments and questions when we are out with Max and Mia.  (imagine what it will be like when we bring two more home, LOL)  Usually they are very nice and people are curious.  I don't mind answering questions and hope that it can bring more awareness to adoption and especially special needs adoptions.

But, once in awhile I do get tired of questions.  I think we have gotten most or all of the ones this mom writes about.  The top two are 1- are they twins (understandable but one of these days I may just be tired and say yes)  2- are they "real" brother and sister.  For that I have started to reply "They are now!".  Again I understand how people are curious but when I say they both have DS and are only 8 months apart and then they ask it is a little more annoying.  Though I am sure it is possible, it would be very unlikely to have 2 children with DS 8 months apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment